Exciting! New blog! Let’s see how long this one lasts. I plan on updating regularly stuff about my life: hiking, travelling, reading, gaming, and working. Yes I like working. As long as it’s for the right reason. Finding balance between everything is sometimes a bit complicated and I hope to share a couple of discoveries I made along the way.
Let’s start with a bit of geeky stuff. This website was at first a test site I created to try out several new concepts for me:
- AWS/Google Cloud Platform for the infrastructure.
- Sentora for mutli-sites management
- Free SSL certificates through Let’s Encrypt
- Buying exotic domain names through Gandi.net
The reasons behind? Easy peasy. I currently own an almost decent blog in French, but I’m not updating it anymore. However, I still want to keep it but it would have been too expensive with a regular web hosting plan. So I’d rather run Sentora on a ridiculously small instance in the cloud and manage everything myself. It’s pretty great as I’m experiencing an insane performance bump compared to the previous hosting company.
In addition, I might open up a couple of small website in the future, and now it’s almost free for me to do so, thanks to all the nice setup I have. Special thanks to Olivier (he will recognize himself) for helping me to sorting everything out.
So what do I want to write on this blog? I made a list that does not look very exhaustive:
- Some recommendations about living in Taiwan. I’ve been here for a couple of years now, I do know a thing or two
- My desperate tries at playing games while still having a full-time job and a semi social life
- I will share a bunch of poorly taken and unoriginal pictures with my cellphone, for the entire world to discover where I’m going
- Cool technologies I stumble upon
That’s more or less all. Feel free to leave some comments. I finally found a good plugin for that in WordPress.